For over 20 years we have been known in Rowan and surrounding counties as THE go to source for diabetic footwear. We continue to provide the best footwear available for diabetics. As a Type 1 Diabetic myself for 40 years, I am convinced that proper footwear is as essential for maintaining a diabetic's health as is proper food, medication, and exercise.
If you are Diabetic and have Medicare coverage you may be eligible to receive your footwear at a greatly reduced cost. Medicare will cover 80% of the total cost of therapeutic footwear for qualified individuals.
To qualify you must have the following:
1. You must be diabetic
2. You must have Medicare coverage. (We are not able to file with United Healthcare)
3. You must have your primary care physician perform a foot exam and fill out the documentation stating that : 1. You are diabetic
2. You have one of 6 secondary conditions that put you at risk.
3. The doctor is treating you for your diabetic condition
4. Prescription footwear is necessary
4. The doctor providing the documentation must be an MD (medical doctor) or DO (doctor of osteopath). Even if you normally see a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner, Medicare will not accept any signature other than an MD or DO.
5. The doctor must provide chart notes from your medical records that indicate all of the above.
If you are interested in diabetic shoes but do not qualify for coverage we can still take care of your footwear needs and we'll gladly work out a payment plan if needed.
Please call for an appointment if you are interested in getting your Diabetic Footwear from us: 704-636-1850
Click here to edit your services